Most of us are not adapting a healthy lifestyle despite the requirement of doing so. We can cheat on what we eat especially when nobody else is peeking or not even one would remind us on how to start doing it. Colon cleansing diet is not different at all from any other regular diets, though you have to prepare for the stricter rules.
Four steps to colon cleansing diet
You have to bear in mind that detoxification diet is not really a diet in itself. The principle behind it does not rely upon eating less. It is more focused on eating healthy. You see, some of us think that diet is something we do for weight loss. Colon cleansing diet does not work that way. Here is a complete detoxification guide for you:
1. Food cleansing. This procedure actually comes in three phases. The complete phase would take you 21 days.
- Phase 1: First Seven Days. Mild headaches or nausea may be experienced during the first seven days of this stage. This is because you have to get rid of the food that could not be used for your system. Included in the list are: alcohol; coffee; chocolates and candies; soft drinks; and sweeteners.
- Phase 2: Days 8-14. This is a phase where you are required to eliminate the wastes that your body does not want. This is focused on foods which have no nutritional benefit at all. Included in the things you have to remove from your kitchen are: salad dressing; condiments such as ketchup; chips and cookies; corn or cottonseed oil; deep fat fried foods; excessive oil; food with preservatives and additives; imitation mayonnaise and sour cream; margarine and non-dairy creamers; junk fake, and processed foods; shortenings; and sandwich spread.
- Phase 3: Last 7 days. This is a phase where you eliminate what your body does not like or the foods you may be allergic to. Specific examples of this category are: gluten; milk and other dairy products; mustard; shellfish; nuts; soybeans; and yeast.
2. Fluid intake. An increase on fluid intake could help cleanse your colon. If you previously drink eight glasses of water a day, you may increase it to 10 to 12. The more fluid you take in, the better.
3. Fiber diet. Much has been said about this. You have to eat fresh fruits and vegetables more often. This could help you obtain regular bowel movements thus leading to an unclogged colon.
4. Multivitamins and supplements. Your daily dose of these things is essential. You may include probiotics which could serve as a good balancing factor for the good and bad bacteria. This actually completes the detoxification process.
With these four things in mind, you will be able to cleanse your system of unwanted materials. You may experience difficulties at first but you will surely reap the benefits later on. You are not required to do things abruptly. What is asked of you is that once you start the colon cleansing program, you have to continue it.